Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Imperial Knight Baron Papercraft Project

 


Found out about Warhammer 40K Papercrafts (PC) in March 2024.

 My first model was the Tau Devilfish.


Took me nearly a month because of many distractions and feeling a bit overwhelmed at first. 5 pages, over 100 parts to cut out and glue. But I eventually finished it, and both myself and my friends in my local gaming group were amazed by how close to the actual plastic model it was. 

So inspired by my initial success, I dived headlong into making more PC models. I build Imperial Knights Armigers, Imperial Knights, Tau Crisis Suits and even 2 versions of a Warhound Titan (I posted earlier about their construction Here and Here).





The Imperial Knights I found 3 patterns, all identical except for coloring. Unknown creator. It  was similar to the plastic model, but in a broad sense.








And one day I found the inspiration for the PC version: Imperial Knight Baron. The first appearance of an Imperial Knight in the Warhammer 40K games, it was a metal figure in the Epic (8mm I believe) scale. So of course I decided I was going to build a PC version.








My photoshop and PDF editing skills are quite lacking. So instead of trying to recolor a PDF file of the Knight, I decided I would just "recolor" by painting. I started with the Yellow knight pattern.









I rounded up the paints I would use. My old Ironhull Grey was old and a bit thinned out, which made it perfect for giving the yellow "brass trim" a "steel gray" look.




So first thing - print and cut out all the parts. 8 pages to print out. 117 pieces.

Printed the picture at full (WH40K scale) size, cut out the extra parts I would need (printed double-sided and mirror reversed for the banners).









Autocannon

Chainsword











Both completed and painted.

Feet (2)


Boot armor handcrafted to supplement the foot armor pieces.













The boot piece replaces the front "toe" armor piece.


Feet finished.















Hips and upper legs. Simple compared to the previous steps.

Note - The beveled ring piece for the bottom is about 6mm too long.

The shoulders. Base painted, details will be added after they are on the model.
Note - a snip here will allow the shoulder to fit properly on the "base" (the grey ovals).

Shoulders, head cowl and head finished.


Close up of the head piece.



Main body and exhaust parts.











Main body finished. Now to attach everything.



And done. Ready to enforce the Emperor's Will 







No comments:

Post a Comment